Here's a classic meatloaf with a delicious cheesy surprise inside. It's an easy low-carb and keto meal ideal for batch cooking and lunch boxes. All you need is just a few simple ingredients including aromatics and spices, mozzarella, mayonnaise and bell peppers.
Meatloaves are the perfect keto dinner to prepare on a Sunday and use throughout the week to build lunch boxes, or to make quick OMAD power bowls after a long day at work. You can serve this meatloaf with any salads, roasted vegetables or even cauli-mash for the ultimate low-carb comfort food.
A delicious meatloaf with an oozing melted cheese filling. Who could ever say no to that?
Serving size 2 slices
Allergy information for Cheesy Low-Carb Meatloaf
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 slices)
Net carbs2.2 grams
Calories from carbs 2%, protein 28%, fat 70%
Total carbs2.9 gramsFiber0.7 gramsSugars1.4 gramsSaturated fat12.3 gramsSodium645 mg(28% RDA)Magnesium31 mg(8% RDA)Potassium389 mg(19% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 1 tsp ghee or duck fat for greasing
- 680 g ground beef (1.5 lbs)
- 1 small yellow onion (70 g/ 2.5 oz)
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- Optional: 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1 tbsp paleo mayonnaise (15 g/ 0.5 oz) - you can make your own mayo
- 170 g fresh mozzarella, sliced (6 oz)
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, sliced (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- Preheat oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F (conventional), or 155 °C/ 310 °F (fan assisted) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease ghee or duck fat.
- Grate the onion and squeeze fully so the juice is all out. Discard the juice.
- Put ground beef in a bowl, add grated onion, mayonnaise and spiced to it. Mix and knead very well. If not using immediately, you can store the meat in the fridge for up to a day.
- When ready to bake, shape the meat mixture into the rectangle on a baking sheet.
- Put sliced cheese and sliced bell pepper on the meat, leaving a 2 1/2 cm/ 1" border around the edges.
- Roll up to wrap and close the filling and form a pinwheel loaf. Pinch the loaf in on both ends so that the cheese won't leak out.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 70 °C/ 160 °F (you can use an instant read thermometer). Let it rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- You can slice it and dip on your favorite sugar-free ketchup (or make your own low-carb ketchup in just 15 minutes!) and enjoy. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 2 slices)
|0 g||0 g||0.8 g||8 kcal|
|Beef, minced (ground), raw, grass-fed|
|0 g||19.5 g||22.7 g||288 kcal|
|Onion, brown (yellow), raw|
|0.7 g||0.1 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|Spices, tarragon, dried|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||2.1 g||19 kcal|
|Mozzarella cheese, fresh (for salads)|
|0.8 g||6.9 g||4.5 g||72 kcal|
|Peppers, green bell, fresh|
|0.3 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Total per serving, 2 slices|
|2.2 g||26.7 g||30.2 g||395 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!