Hi Friends, I have great news for you!
After over a year in development and over two months in beta testing, the new KetoDiet Android app has been released and is available to download on Google Play!
Want to help us take KetoDiet to the next level?
Please, support us by leaving a review on Google Play. Your review really matters and will help us keep this project sustainable. Thank you!
Bringing KetoDiet to Android
Our aim has always been to achieve feature parity with the iOS KetoDiet app. We want every feature to be available on both platforms.
That doesn't mean that the apps will look identical as we have to follow the UI guidelines for each platform. But we have designed it so that KetoDiet feels familiar on either platform.
So what did it take to bring KetoDiet to Android? Here's a quick summary of the development work:
How About Data Sync?
The only feature that is not enabled in this first release of KetoDiet is Data Sync.
We want to have an extended testing period before we enable syncing on Android to ensure that it works reliably across platforms. Data Sync will be enabled in an upcoming update.
What if I Already Purchased KetoDiet Basic?
Stay tuned! Our top priority is to provide an upgrade path via an in-app so that KetoDiet Basic users can enable all advanced features found in KetoDiet including planning, tracking, etc. This will take 2-4 weeks to release.
Custom Meals, Ingredients & Restaurants
You can search for ingredients in our database and create your own custom ingredients. You can also create your own custom meals based on either ingredients or nutritional data. Also, you can browse through and add meals from popular restaurant chains.
How About Barcode Scanning?
Barcode scanning for branded products is coming soon (both iOS and Android). Unlike other apps, we aim to only use verified data provided by the USDA. If it proves to be a popular request, we may include crowdsourced data that will be clearly marked in the app as 'unverified'.
Planner & Progress
You can now plan your meals in advance with our intuitive diet planner. Create your own diet plan with:
- Hundreds of meals (almost 100 free recipes in the Starter packs, over 500 free recipes in our integrated blog, and almost 200 in 6 optional recipe packages)
- Quick 1-ingredient keto snacks
- Your own custom meals
- Thousands of restaurant meals
Integrated Keto Calculator
Our Keto Calculator is now integrated in KetoDiet to help you calculate your ideal macros based on your goals. It's fully integrated into the planner, and will help you stay on track.
It's not over yet! We have many features we want to add.
- Upgrade path for KetoDiet Basic users (please, read above)
- Copy & paste planner meals
- Barcode scanning (accuracy is your key priority and unlike other apps, we won't use a large crowdsourced database - we will use a verified database)
- Universal search across all recipes when adding them to the Planner (blog meals, KetoDiet meals, custom meals, etc)
- Data export, especially progress
- Activity tracking
- Ketone tracking, glucose tracking, and more
- Integration with KetoDiet meal plans
- KetoDiet Challenges & community integration
- Add recipe user notes in custom meals
The list is endless and driven by your feedback! Please, keep in mind that adding new features takes time :-)
How Much Does KetoDiet Cost?
All pricing is identical to our iOS app.
- The price of the KetoDiet app is $6.99 USD
- The price of each optional recipe package is $1.99 USD
Do you like this post? Share it with your friends!