Pancakes don't have to be sweet to be satisfying. This pancake makes the perfect nutrient-dense keto breakfast or dinner when served with toppings like fried eggs, sliced avocado and crispy bacon. You can share it with your loved one, or keep half in the fridge for another day.
Follow us 13.2k
Nutritional values (per serving, ½ pancake)
|of which Saturated||11.7||grams|
|Magnesium||26||mg (7% RDA)|
|Potassium||194||mg (10% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3%), protein (27%), fat (70%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- fried eggs
- bacon slices
- sliced avocado (for extra potassium)
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. In a bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites, add the cream of tartar and keep beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the egg yolks, ...
- ... grated parmesan, ...
- ... and sift in the coconut flour.
- Finally, add the chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a small pan with ghee and heat over a medium heat. Once the pan is hot, pour in the pancake mixture. You can test that by dripping a small amount of the mixture on the pan. If it sizzles, it's ready.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until small bubbles appear o top. Then, broil on high for 3-5 minutes, or until set and lightly golden.
- To serve (½ to 1 pancake per serving), top with your favourites such as fried eggs, sliced avocado or crisped up bacon.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!