As the weather heats up, our desire for the comforting stews and one-pots of winter are replaced with cravings for fresh, light salads with delicious dressings. This Keto Rainbow Salad is packed with flavour and at only 8.7 g of net carbs per serving, it won’t spike your ketone levels.
Topped with crumbly feta and toasted seeds for a super quick, low carb lunch.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||9.5||grams|
|Magnesium||116||mg (29% RDA)|
|Potassium||557||mg (28% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (8%), protein (10%), fat (82%)
Ingredients (makes 3 servings)
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage (70 g/ 2.5 oz)
- ¾ cup sliced radishes (90 g/ 3.1 oz)
- 1 medium carrot (90 g/ 3.1 oz)
- ½ medium zucchini (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- ½ medium cucumber (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 3 baby red peppers or 1 regular pepper (74 g/ 2.6 oz)
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds (43 g/ 1.5 oz)
- ⅔ cup feta, crumbled (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- Optional: fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/ 375 F (fan assisted). Place the pumpkin seeds of a baking try and roast in the oven for 5 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Using a fine grater or a grating blade of a food processor, shred the cabbage and radish. Cut the carrots, courgette and peppers into fine matchsticks and slice or julienne the cucumber.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Add all the grated vegetables to a large bow.
- Toss through the salad dressing, toasted seeds and crumbled feta. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!