These 5-ingredient keto breakfast pockets are filled with ham and melty cheese. They're easy to prepare, nut-free, grain-free and egg-free and can be prepared in under 30 minutes.
Just like my Keto Spanakopita, this recipe is adapted from Keto Morning Hot Pockets which went viral over the social media. If you can eat nuts, you can follow the original recipe that is made with almond flour - you will only need 4 ingredients: shredded mozzarella, almond flour, ham and cheese - that's it!
Follow us 14.1k
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||15.4||grams|
|Magnesium||86||mg (22% RDA)|
|Potassium||494||mg (23% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3%), protein (31%), fat (66%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella (85 g/ 3 oz) - use low-moisture, part-skim, shredded mozzarella cheese; not fresh mozzarella.
- 1 heaped tbsp cream cheese (30 g/ 1 oz)
- 4 tbsp flax meal (28 g/ 1 oz)
- 85 g quality ham (3 oz )
- 85 g slices provolone cheese (3 oz) - you can use any cheese you like: cheddar, smoked mozzarella, etc.
- Prepare the dough: melt the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave oven for 1 minute, checking half way through.
- Add the flax meal. Stir until the dough is well-combined.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper (I used a silicon mat and silicon rolling pin).
- Add the ham and cheese slices.
- Fold over like an envelope and seal the dough.
- Poke some holes for releasing the steam while baking. Bake at 400 F (200 C) for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- When done, remove from the oven and let it cool down for a few minutes. Cut in half and enjoy while still hot ...
... or let it cool down and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!