This keto Mexican hash is my favourite all-day breakfast meal. It's tasty, nutritious and can be prepared in under 20 minutes! If you are new to the ketogenic diet, this meal will help you get keto-adapted and lessen the symptoms of keto-flu due to its high electrolyte content.
Follow us 12.5k
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||13.1||grams|
|Magnesium||89||mg (22% RDA)|
|Potassium||1,067||mg (53% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7%), protein (21%), fat (72%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 tbsp ghee or lard
- ½ small white or yellow onion, chopped (35 g/ 1.2 oz)
- ½ cup sliced green pepper (46 g/ 1.6 oz)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini (124 g/ 4.4 oz)
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes (75 g/ 2.6 oz)
- 6 oz Mexican chorizo, casing removed (170 g)
- 2 cups chopped chard or spinach (72 g/ 2.5 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup diced avocado (75 g/ 2.6 oz)
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Grease a skillet with ghee. Add chopped onion, cook over a medium-high heat for a minute, and then add green pepper. Stir to combine while cooking.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, and then add diced zucchini and chopped tomatoes. Cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chorizo and combine.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, add the chard, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, create two wells and crack in the eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer under the broiler. Cook on high for 3-5 minutes, until the egg whites are set and the egg yolks are still runny.
- To serve, top with diced avocado and fresh cilantro.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!