Today I'd like to share one of the recipes I created for my new 4-Week Whole Food Primal KetoDiet Plan. This breakfast meal is quick & easy to prepare, high in micronutrients and low in carbs. It will keep cravings and keto-flu at bay!
What you'll find inside
- FREE bonus KetoDiet Guide, including a complete guide to the ketogenic diet, food list, and answers to frequently asked questions
- 28-day keto & primal diet plan (includes full-fat dairy)
- Daily preparation tips
- 4 weekly shopping lists
- Optimised for accelerated weight loss, and ideal for sedentary to moderately active women
- Over 60 whole food based keto recipes that can be made in advance. These are some of the best recipes from the KetoDiet App, the vast majority of recipes are not found on my blog.
- No low-carb junk and overindulgence of sweet treats and other foods that would only trigger sweet cravings and overeating
- Fair price and limited time offer only $19.99 USD until Jan 31 2017
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||20.7||grams|
|Magnesium||96||mg (24% RDA)|
|Potassium||996||mg (50% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3%), protein (21%), fat (76%). Nutrition facts are per recipe with 2 poached eggs.
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 3 cups fresh spinach (90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1-2 large eggs
- 2 slices quality ham (46 g/ 1.6 oz)
- 1 serving Keto Hollandaise Sauce
- salt, freshly ground black pepper, and optionally chile flakes to taste
Note: Alternatively, instead of blanching the spinach, you can use frozen and thawed spinach (excess water removed), or butter-roasted spinach cooked in a pan for 30-60 seconds.
- First, blanch the spinach. Blanching is easy and takes no more than 5 minutes. Wash and pat-dry the spinach leaves. Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Fill another bowl with ice and water, or simply with cold water. Place the spinach leaves into the boiling water and cook for 30-60 seconds.
- Transfer the leaves immediately into the iced water using tongs or strainer. Remove from the cold water. Strain, squeezing the water out of the leaves.
- Prepare the Keto Hollandaise Sauce, and keep warm.
- Poach the eggs. Fill a saucepan with water and add a dash of white vinegar and a pinch of salt. Crack the egg into a cup. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low. Create a gentle whirlpool in the water to help the egg white wrap around the yolk. Slowly tip the egg in the centre of the whirlpool, lowering the cup an inch into the water. Cook undisturbed for 3 minutes. Remove the egg from the hot water and place in a bowl with cold water for a few seconds. This will prevent the egg from overcooking. Then transfer the egg to a plate.
- Place the cooked spinach on a serving plate, and top with the ham, poached egg, and Hollandaise. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!