With the holiday season in full swing, it's time to think about your keto holiday menu. This recipe will feed crowds at your Christmas, Hanukkah, or New Year’s Eve gatherings. It's easy to prepare, paleo-friendly and perfect for any special occasion!
This recipe is adapted from Food & Wine.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||10.9||grams|
|Magnesium||44||mg (11% RDA)|
|Potassium||753||mg (38% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (1%), protein (36%), fat (63%). Nutrition facts are calculated using pork with ¼-inch (½ cm) fat layer. Calories will likely be lower than displayed, as it's unlikely you will consume all of the fat drippings.
Ingredients (makes 10 servings)
- Prepare the marinating paste. Mix the minced garlic, grated ginger, orange zest, sweetener, chili flakes, ground cloves, ground black pepper and salt.
- Add ghee and olive oil and mix until well combined.
- Place the pork loin on a piece of plastic wrap. Rub the paste all over the pork loin ...
- ... and cover it well with the plastic wrap. Place in a roasting pan and refrigerate overnight to let the pork infuse with all the flavours.
- Remove from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes before roasting. Place in the oven preheated to 200 C / 400 F and bake for 15 minutes. Then, reduce the heat to 160 C / 320 F and bake for another 2 hours or until your instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 57-60 C / 135-140 F. Then, remove from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with low-carb sides such as Buttered Brussels Sprouts, Creamy Keto Mash or Keto Celeriac Cauli-Mash.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!