Pepperoni and jalapeños are some of the most popular pizza toppings and taste amazing on this thin-crust mozzarella dough base. This is an all-time favourite based on the original Low-Carb Mozzarella Pizza Crust, also called the "fat head pizza" by Tom Naughton. If you prefer an equally delicious veggie pizza, check out my Fat Head Pizza with Mozzarella, Tomato & Rocket.
Follow us 10.4k
Nutritional values (per 2 slices, ¼ pizza)
|of which Saturated||14.7||grams|
|Magnesium||86||mg (22% RDA)|
|Potassium||360||mg (18% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (23%), fat (73%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
Fat Head Pizza Base:
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella cheese (170 g/ 6 oz)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (56 g/ 2 oz)
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp almond flour (85 g/ 3 oz)
- extra virgin olive oil for flattening the dough
- Start by making the pizza crust. Place the grated mozzarella cheese into a bowl and add the cream cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Mix with a spatula and microwave on high for another 30 seconds. Mix again.
- Add the egg and combine well. Add salt, almond flour and mix until well combined.
- Place the dough on a heatproof baking mat and use your hands to flatten ...
- ... until ¼ - ½ inch (½ - 1 cm) thick. Spray some olive oil on your hands to prevent the dough from sticking. Alternatively, you can use a piece of parchment paper on top and roll the dough out until thin. Dock the dough with a fork and bake in the oven preheated to 425 F/ 220 C for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the marinara sauce on top.
- Add grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and top with pepperoni slices (2 at a time) and sliced jalapeño peppers. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil. Slice and serve hot or cold.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!