Planning a barbecue and not sure about what to serve with pork ribs, burgers, lamb skewers or other BBQ recipes? This is a simple salad that goes great with any meat, fish and seafood dishes! All you need is fresh seasonal veggies, extra virgin olive oil, lemon, garlic, salt and herbs.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||1.9||grams|
|Magnesium||19||mg (5% RDA)|
|Potassium||324||mg (16% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (13%), protein (4%), fat (83%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled (300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- 2 cups regular or cherry tomatoes, diced (300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- ½ medium red onion (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley or other herbs such as basil or cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste (I like pink Himalayan salt)
When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Peel and finely dice the cucumber.
- Peel and finely dice the onion and chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Place the cucumber, tomatoes and onion into a bowl and prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and crushed garlic. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- Finely chop the parsley and add to the bowl with vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
Eat as a side with meat, fish or seafood.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!