Planning a barbecue and not sure about what to serve with pork ribs, burgers, lamb skewers or other BBQ recipes?
This is a simple salad that goes great with any meat, fish and seafood dishes! All you need is fresh seasonal veggies, extra virgin olive oil, lemon, garlic, salt and herbs. Enjoy!
Serving size about 1 cup, 185 g/ 6.5 oz
Allergy information for Easy Summer Vegetable Salsa
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 1 cup, 185 g/ 6.5 oz)
Net carbs4.9 grams
Calories from carbs 13%, protein 4%, fat 83%
Total carbs6.6 gramsFiber1.7 gramsSugars3.8 gramsSaturated fat1.9 gramsSodium294 mg(13% RDA)Magnesium21 mg(5% RDA)Potassium349 mg(17% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled (300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- 2 cups regular or cherry tomatoes, diced (300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- 1/2 medium red onion (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley or other herbs such as basil or cilantro
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and finely dice the cucumber.
- Peel and finely dice the onion and chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Place the cucumber, tomatoes and onion into a bowl and prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and crushed garlic. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- Finely chop the parsley and add to the bowl with vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Eat as a side with meat, fish or seafood. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 1 cup, 185 g/ 6.5 oz)
|1.1 g||0.4 g||0.1 g||9 kcal|
|2 g||0.7 g||0.2 g||14 kcal|
|Onion, red, fresh|
|0.8 g||0.2 g||0 g||5 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Lemon (juice), fresh|
|0.4 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||13.5 g||119 kcal|
|Parsley, fresh (spices)|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 1 cup, 185 g/ 6.5 oz|
|4.9 g||1.4 g||13.8 g||151 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!