I was going through my recipes trying to find the best meal for the upcoming Father's Day. And because men need real food, pork ribs seemed to be the best option. Not only they're paleo-friendly, but also an effortless & delicious award for all Fathers!
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||13.5||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (2.1%), protein (26.6%), fat (71.4%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 2 average racks pork ribs (1.6 kg / 3.5 lb, will yield about 50% meat)
- 1 medium shallot or ½ medium white onion (60 g / 2.1 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1 tsp salt (smoked works best)
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper (I used white)
- Optionally: serve with Spicy Chocolate BBQ Sauce (+ 1.8 g net carbs / 2 tbsp)
Note: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Prepare the ribs the night before (or at least a couple of hours in advance). First, chop them into pieces.
- Now, let's prepare the marinade. Place all other ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Cover the ribs in the prepared marinade and place them in the fridge overnight (or at least a few hours).
- Preheat the oven to medium-low 150 C / 300 F. Place the marinated ribs in the oven and cook slowly for 60-75 minutes.
- When the ribs are cooked, turn the oven off and take them out. You can also half-open the oven and leave the ribs in until you're ready to eat. You can serve them with BBQ sauce or ketchup (sugar-free!). If you have trouble finding a good low-carb BBQ sauce, try Spicy Chocolate BBQ Sauce (+ 1.8 g net carbs / 2 tablespoons)!
Tip for a side: BBQ Ribs go great with greens, grilled vegetables or my Low-carb French Fries (+ 8.6 g net carbs).
I hope you enjoyed reading my post. To find out more about the ketogenic diet and keto-friendly recipes, check out my apps KetoDiet, KetoDiet Basic and my cookbook](http://amzn.to/1JEND4e)!