I love spicy food and this seasoning is my favourite. For those that are calorie-conscious, zucchini chips are not only low in carbs but also calories: they have about 50 kcal per serving and are a good source of heart-healthy potassium!
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||0.57||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (24.2%), protein (10.5%), fat (65.3%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 2 average zucchini or 4 baby zucchini (400g / 14.1 oz)
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 tbsp lime zest (fresh)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil (cooking spray)
- ½-1 tsp chili powder (1 tsp will make it quite hot)
- ½ tsps alt (I use pink Himalayan)
Note: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Preheat the oven to low, 230 F / 110 C. Wash, dry, zest and juice the lime. Mix the lime juice, chili pepper and lime zest in a small bowl.
- Slice the zucchini thinly on a mandolin. You can do the same job with knife, just make sure you slice it as thin as possible. Cover the slices in the spices.
- Spread the zucchini slices in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper. You can put them close, they will shrink to about 60%. Sprinkle with salt and spray with cooking oil. Place in the oven and cook for 45-60 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Enjoy! :-)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!