The inspiration for these Low Carb and Keto Italian Stuffed Bread Bites came from Martina. She was out on a dinner date with Nikos at her local Italian restaurant.
‘Ping’ went my Whatsapp went…
OMG I want to eat these…
Can you create a low-carb version?
Up for the challenge, I set to work…
…and here you have them. My Italian Stuffed Bread Bites. Made from a super easy fathead dough and stuffed with a delicious marinara, cream cheese and basil filling. They’re so good!
These Keto Italian Stuffed Bread Bites are great for lunch, a quick and easy low-carb snack or to take on a picnic.
I love them hot, fresh from the oven, but you can totally eat them cold if you prefer.
Instead of 2/3 cup almond flour use 4 heaped tbsp (48 g/ 1.7 oz) of coconut flour + 56 g/ 2 oz cream cheese) or 56 g/ 2 oz flax meal and 56 g/ 2 oz cream cheese. If using coconut flour brush the tops with a small amount of butter, ghee or coconut oil before baking.
Serving size 1 piece
Allergy information for Low-Carb Italian Stuffed Bread Bites
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 piece)
Net carbs5 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 20%, fat 73%
Total carbs7 gramsFiber1.9 gramsSugars2.6 gramsSaturated fat8.5 gramsSodium348 mg(15% RDA)Magnesium57 mg(14% RDA)Potassium233 mg(12% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 5 bread bites)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella (170 g/ 6 oz)
- 3/4 + 2 tbsp cup almond flour (80 g/ 2.8)
- 2 tbsp full-fat cream cheese (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar-free marinara sauce (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)- you can make your own Low-Carb Marinara Sauce
- 2 tbsp mascarpone or full-fat cream cheese (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella or grated Italian cheese of choice (28 g/ 1 oz)
- Optional: 4 large basil leaves, torn
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!