I’ve only recently started marinating my halloumi, and found that it absorbs flavours well making it easy to mix up the flavour profile for something a bit different.
One of my favorite marinades is a simple curry spice. I just use a store bought one, mixed with a little olive oil to make a paste, and then brushed onto the halloumi. I usually marinate my halloumi the night before, but it works fine even with a shorter amount of time in the fridge.
This keto dinner recipe makes a great mid week meal when served alongside steamed or roasted veggies. It will serve two as a main dish or up to four served as appetisers.
You'll need just a few ingredients to make this vegetarian keto dinner option. You won't need any salt as halloumi is naturally salty.
Serving size 4 sticks
Allergy information for Low-Carb Curry Marinated Halloumi
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, 4 sticks)
Net carbs2.6 grams
Calories from carbs 2%, protein 17%, fat 81%
Total carbs3.6 gramsFiber1.1 gramsSugars0.1 gramsSaturated fat27.6 gramsSodium1,502 mg(65% RDA)Magnesium65 mg(16% RDA)Potassium113 mg(6% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 250 g halloumi (8.8 oz)
- 2 tsp curry spice mix
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter, or more olive oil (15 ml)
- Optional: fresh herbs such as cilantro to serve
- Slice the halloumi into about eight 1 1/4 cm (1/2 inch) slices. Mix the olive oil and spice mix together to form a paste. Brush both sides of each halloumi slice with the paste.
- Place in the fridge to marinate at least 15 minutes, but preferably a few hours.
- Add the butter/ghee/oil to a large frypan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the halloumi and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove and serve immediately. If eaten as a main dish, serve alongside steamed or roasted vegetables. Halloumi should always be eaten warm. You can store these in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat before serving.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 4 sticks)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!