I’m all about the smoothies. This keto Strawberry and Basil Smoothie is delicious for breakfast and if like me you prefer to have no sweeteners as well as no sugar, you might like this recipe.
Sweetened naturally just with strawberries. It’s creamy, it’s dreamy and it’s also dairy free. Feel free to add any of the optional extras: MCT oil for extra fats and energy boost, and collagen or protein powder for extra protein to keep hunger at bay and your blood sugar levels healthy.
We love the strawberry-basil combination! It works well in both savoury and sweet keto recipes, like Grilled Halloumi With Strawberry & Cucumber Salsa and Low-Carb Berry Caprese Salad. My favourite is the frozen strawberry & basil fat bomb from the Fat Bombs Book!
Optional Extras for Your Keto Smoothie:
- 2-4 tbsp grass-fed collagen powder, whey (or egg white) protein powder such as Jay Robb, or Plant-based protein powder such as Nuzest (will provide extra protein)
- 1-2 tbsp MCT oil or Brain Octane Oil (will provide extra energy boost and increase the ketogenic ratio)
- low-carb sweetener from this list, to taste
- pinch of acai powder or freeze-dried strawberry powder, for sprinkling
Note: For a thicker shake you can use frozen strawberries and omit the ice or use a mix of frozen and fresh. You can convert this smoothie into a delicious frozen keto treat. To do that, use both frozen strawberries and ice cubes.
Trialed & tested for best results
Optimized for nutrition
Never feel hungry
Track all macros including net carbs
Create your own meals
Track ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Stay hydrated with water tracking
Track your mood & energy levels
Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake
Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain
Your macros update based on your progress
Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy
Body weight, body fat and body measurements
Ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Expert articles to help you make informed choices
Guides & free diet plans
New daily content
Complete Keto Diet guide
Integrated shopping basket
Restaurants & guide to eating out
Allergy information for Low-Carb Strawberry Basil Smoothie
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
- Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free.
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs8.3 grams
Calories from carbs 22%, protein 19%, fat 59%
Total carbs10 gramsFiber1.7 gramsSugars7.6 gramsSaturated fat6.1 gramsSodium86 mg(4% RDA)Magnesium16 mg(4% RDA)Potassium185 mg(9% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup chilled strawberries (152 g/ 5.4 oz)
- 3/4 cup 10% fat Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt, e.g. Coyo (188 g/ 6.6 oz)
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 2-4 ice cubes
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!