I've been making my own electrolyte drink for years, pretty much ever since I started following a low-carb diet and learnt about the keto-flu — the hard way!
Making your own electrolyte drink is super easy. Not only it's sugar free but it tastes so much better than any products I've tried. If you keep it simple without berries, the net carbs per serving will drop to only 1.7 grams.
Or you can add more flavour by using berries and make a batch of my Keto Blueberry & Lemon Electrolyte Drink, or this delicious Strawberry & Lime Electrolyte Drink.
In this recipe I used my Low-Carb Strawberry Syrup. It's smooth and creamy and apart from this keto electrolyte drink, it's great for mixing with just sparkling water, or drizzled over some Keto Vanilla Ice Cream. Yum!
Substitutions and Tips
If you're worried about the carb count, feel free to reduce the amount of strawberry syrup in this recipe. It's really easy to do that in our KetoDiet App! All of the meals that I share here are automatically posted in the App where you can clone and modify them to your liking.
Here are tips for making sugar-free electrolyte drink at home:
- Drink with meals (not on an empty stomach). Start with a cup per day and increase to no more than 2 cups per day to avoid stomach discomfort. Too much magnesium citrate causes loose stools so keep that in mind. One cup will provide about 50% of your daily magnesium and two cups will cover your daily needs.
- Instead of potassium chloride, you can use lite salt or cream of tartar. To read more about potassium supplements, check out this post: The Importance of Potassium in Low-Carb Diets.
- Instead of Erythritol, you can use other healthy low-carb sweeteners from this list, or skip the sweetener altogether.
- If you don't like sweeteners, they can be omitted.
- Nutrition facts in blueberries are estimated and counted partially (80%) as part of the pulp and the peel are discarded.
Follow us 138.4k
Serving size about 1 cup, 240 ml/ 8 fl oz
Allergy information for Keto Strawberry & Lime Electrolyte Drink
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 1 cup, 240 ml/ 8 fl oz)
Net carbs4.1 grams
Calories from carbs 86%, protein 7%, fat 7%
Total carbs5.1 gramsFiber1 gramsSugars2.4 gramsSaturated fat0 gramsSodium105 mg(5% RDA)Magnesium183 mg(46% RDA)Potassium263 mg(13% EMR)
Ingredients (makes about 6 cups)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!