I love keeping this Loaded Egg Salad on hand for easy lunches during the week! It’s delicious tucked into lettuce cups or between keto sandwich bread!
We’ve jazzed up regular plain egg salad with bacon, tomatoes, green onions, and cheddar cheese for a delicious BLT style salad that’s as filling as it is tasty. For super easy to peel eggs I suggest using your Instant Pot if you have one. Simply do the following:
- Place 1 cup of water in the inner pot
- Place the steam rack in and carefully set as many eggs as desired on the rack
- Place lid on pressure cooker and set for 5 minutes on high pressure
- After the cook time has finished, let pressure release for 5 minutes naturally before peeling
Follow us 36.6k
Serving size about 170 g/ 6 oz salad
Allergy information for Keto Loaded Egg Salad
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 170 g/ 6 oz salad)
Net carbs1.9 grams
Calories from carbs 2%, protein 23%, fat 75%
Total carbs2.6 gramsFiber0.7 gramsSugars1.1 gramsSaturated fat9.1 gramsSodium894 mg(39% RDA)Magnesium21 mg(5% RDA)Potassium271 mg(14% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 spring onions, minced (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (57 g/ 2 oz)
- 225 g bacon, cooked and crumbled (8 oz) - about 120 g/ 4.2 oz cooked
- 1/2 cup paleo mayonnaise (110 g/ 3.9 oz) - you can make your own mayo
- 2 tbsp mustard (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: serve with crispy green lettuce leaves or as filling between 2 slices of Keto Bread
- Place all of the chopped eggs into a bowl.
- Add the spring onion, tomatoes and grated cheese.
- Add the mayonnaise, bacon and mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine well.
- Serve on top of crispy green lettuce leaves.Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 170 g/ 6 oz salad)
|Egg, whole, hard boiled (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.7 g||12.6 g||9.5 g||143 kcal|
|Spring onion, scallion, green onion, fresh|
|0.2 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Tomatoes, cherry, fresh, all varieties|
|0.5 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||4 kcal|
|0.3 g||2.2 g||3.1 g||38 kcal|
|Bacon, crispy (bacon grease removed)|
|0 g||6 g||2 g||42 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||15.2 g||136 kcal|
|Mustard, prepared, yellow|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||0.2 g||3 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 170 g/ 6 oz salad|
|1.9 g||21.4 g||30.1 g||368 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!