Are you a sweet tooth craving an energy kick? This decadent Chocolate peanut butter milkshake is jam packed with healthy fats to keep you satisfied for longer. Filled with flavour and some hidden greens to increase your potassium and magnesium this milkshake is not only incredibly delicious but anti-inflammatory!
So get blending and curb those sugar cravings with this sugar-free, immune boosting treat.
We are using peanut butter in this keto smoothie but you could substitute it with any nut, seed or even coconut butter. But are peanuts keto-friendly? Check out this post for more about peanuts on a keto diet.
I'm also attaching a screenshot from the KetoDiet App to show you how much the macros change once you add the optional toppings. I used a generous amount of each but you can always use less. Per 2 servings, I added:
- 2 large squares 90% dark (20 g/ 0.7 oz), melted and/or shaved and added on top
- 4 tbsp whipped cream (16 g/ 0.6 oz)
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter (32 g/ 1.1 oz)
If you want it thicker (more like a smoothie), add 1-2 more tablespoons of peanut butter and/or collagen or protein powder. This will make it thicker and more satisfying.
Want to create your own keto recipes? Get our app, it's free to download!
Follow us 138.4k
Serving size 1 glass
Allergy information for Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
- Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 glass)
Net carbs2.9 grams
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 9%, fat 86%
Total carbs6.6 gramsFiber3.7 gramsSugars1 gramsSaturated fat11.9 gramsSodium191 mg(8% RDA)Magnesium62 mg(16% RDA)Potassium386 mg(19% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1/4 cup cooked spinach, fresh or frozen and drained (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder (8 g/ 0.3 oz)
- 1 1/4 tbsp virgin coconut oil or MCT oil (20 ml)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (240 ml/ 8 fl oz), or more
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds or flax meal (4 g/ 0.2 oz)
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter (16 g/ 0.6 oz)
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or coconut milk(30 ml)
- pinch sea salt
- Optional: 1/2 tbsp Erythritol or Swerve, or to taste
- Optional toppings: Whipped cream, melted chocolate, shaved chocolate, drizzle of peanut butter.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!