This sugar-free strawberry froyo is deliciously creamy yet lighter than classic ice cream. It's not just low in carbs but it's also high in protein and low in calories which makes this the perfect guilt-free dessert!
Here's what you need to make this easy summer treat:
- Berries. We're using strawberries but you can use other options such as blackberries, blueberries or raspberries instead.
- Yogurt. We are using 5% plain Greek-style yogurt. You can use 0% Greek-Style yogurt or Skyr which is a zero-fat Icelandic yogurt. If you can't have dairy, use coconut yogurt instead.
- Low-carb sweetener. We are using Allulose although it may not be available where you live. Powdered Erythritol, Swerve or a few drops of stevia are all good alternatives.
- Protein powder. We are using collagen for that extra protein boost and creaminess. Instead of collagen you can use the same amount of whey protein isolate, egg white protein powder or plant-based pea protein powder.
- Vanilla extract. Alcohol-based vanilla extract will add flavor and keep the ice cream from freezing too hard.
We all have different dietary needs so it's only natural that you may need to adjust the macros in this keto recipe. You can make any adjustments directly in the KetoDiet App by cloning any of the recipes from my blog and customizing them to fit your macros and preferences.
Follow us 138.4k
Frozen Yogurt Without an Ice Cream Maker
No ice cream maker? No problem! Simply swap frozen strawberries for the fresh strawberries. Blend with all of the remaining ingredients, pour into a container and freeze for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
How about low-carb sweeteners? You can use Erythritol or Erythritol-based sweeteners which are available in most countries. However, if you have the option, use Allulose. It's your best bet if you want to keep your ice cream soft.
Follow us 138.4k
Serving size 2 scoops, 150 g/ 5.3 oz
Allergy information for High-Protein Keto Strawberry Froyo
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 scoops, 150 g/ 5.3 oz)
Net carbs6.5 grams
Calories from carbs 21%, protein 43%, fat 36%
Total carbs7.3 gramsFiber0.8 gramsSugars6.2 gramsSaturated fat3 gramsSodium46 mg(2% RDA)Magnesium18 mg(5% RDA)Potassium315 mg(16% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 5 servings)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!