These easy Almond Green Beans are a great low-carb side dish! The caramelized onions add so much flavor to the fresh green beans and you’ll love the crunch and nuttiness from the almonds.
This side dish recipe is perfect for the holidays but easy enough for a weeknight dinner along side a grilled protein. Try it with grilled salmon and mashed cauliflower for one great meal. For an even easier prep look for prepackaged fresh green beans that have already been trimmed.
Allergy information for Easy Low-Carb Almond Green Beans
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs6 grams
Calories from carbs 13%, protein 8%, fat 79%
Total carbs9.9 gramsFiber3.9 gramsSugars4.6 gramsSaturated fat4.9 gramsSodium299 mg(13% RDA)Magnesium43 mg(11% RDA)Potassium297 mg(15% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 450 g trimmed green beans (1 lb)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, ghee or coconut oil (28 g/ 1 oz)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup flaked or slivered almonds, preferably toasted (23 g/ 0.8 oz)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, once boiling blanch the green beans for 5 minutes then quickly drain.
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet over medium low heat. Add in the sliced onions and cook on low-medium until caramelized, for 15-20 minutes.
- Once caramelized, add in the green beans and butter.
- Toss to coat then sprinkle with almonds to serve. Store refrigerated up to 5 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!