Follow us 148.4k
This tartar sauce (or tartare as we call it in Australia) makes the perfect accompaniment to fish, burgers and even roasted low-carb veggies. There's nothing better that I love on a lazy summers night to grill some fresh fish, and serve it over greens with a dollop of this deliciously creamy, tangy sauce.
I’ve used some freshly chopped cilantro (coriander) in mine but any fresh summery herbs like parsley, dill or chives would work well in this sauce. You can use any mayo for this recipe but if you can, use mayo made with healthy fats such as avocado, macadamia or walnut oil, or even light tasting olive oil.
Serving size 1 tbsp, 15 g/ 0.5 oz
Allergy information for Easy Tartar Sauce with Pickles and Capers
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 tbsp, 15 g/ 0.5 oz)
Net carbs0.3 grams
Calories from carbs 1%, protein 1%, fat 98%
Total carbs0.3 gramsFiber0.1 gramsSugars0.1 gramsSaturated fat1.2 gramsSodium66 mg(3% RDA)Magnesium1 mg(0% RDA)Potassium9 mg(0% EMR)
Ingredients (makes about 255 g/ 9 oz)
- 3/4 cup paleo mayonnaise (165 g/ 5.8 oz) - you can make your own mayo
- 3 small dill pickles (35 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp capers (9 g/ 0.3 oz)
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard (12 g/ 0.4 oz)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp Swerve or Erythritol or a 1-2 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, basil, chives or even cilantro
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!