Follow us 261.1k
Have you tried heirlooms? These beautifully coloured tomatoes lack the genetic mutation that gives tomatoes their red colour. Not only they are far more flavourful and juicy than regular tomatoes, but they're also more nutritious!
It's up to you whether you use the skewers or make a regular Caprese salad using my Homemade Red Pesto.
Serving size 3 skewers
Allergy information for Low-Carb Caprese Skewers
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, 3 skewers)
Net carbs7.1 grams
Calories from carbs 8%, protein 26%, fat 66%
Total carbs10.2 gramsFiber3.1 gramsSugars4.4 gramsSaturated fat11.4 gramsSodium979 mg(43% RDA)Magnesium36 mg(9% RDA)Potassium536 mg(27% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 2 cups baby heirloom or any cherry tomatoes (300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- 2 cups baby mozzarella cheese balls (180 g/ 6.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup mixed olives, pitted (60 g/ 2.2 oz)
- 2 tbsp red or green pesto (30 g/ 1.1 oz) - you can make your own pesto
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, or to taste
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!