Lunch may just be the hardest meal to plan as most people need something that’s portable, make that a healthy low-carb lunch and it’s even harder. Enter these keto friendly Greek Chicken Bowls! These bowls are packed full of flavor and it’s the perfect recipe for batch cooking multiple servings at one time.
First up we have the Greek chicken which is marinated in a tangy Greek vinaigrette for an awesome flavor punch. Then we have some cauliflower rice, a Greek style salsa, and some Tzatziki to top it all off. This might just be my favorite lunch option ever!
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||10.6||grams|
|Magnesium||70||mg (17% RDA)|
|Potassium||1,099||mg (55% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6%), protein (33%), fat (61%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 cucumber, diced (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (130 g/ 5 oz)
- ½ cup diced red onion (80 g/ 2.8 oz)
- ⅓ cup kalamata olive slices (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 oz feta cheese (113 g)
- Salt, to taste
- 8 oz full-fat Greek yogurt (227 g)
- ½ cucumber, minced (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced fresh dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
Optionally serve with:
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch (2 cm) cubes. Place in a sealable container with the remaining marinade ingredients. Toss to coat. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating make the salsa by dicing the cucumber, halving the tomatoes, and dicing the onion. Place into a medium bowl with the olives and toss with olive oil, vinegar, and oregano. Gently stir in the feta cheese. Taste for salt and add more if needed.
- For the Tzatziki combine the yogurt with the minced cucumber, minced garlic, lemon zest and juice, and dill in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Once the chicken has marinated heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken along with the marinade in a single layer. Cook 4 minutes per side or until each side is golden and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Optional if using cauli-rice: Add the cauliflower rice (here's how to make cauli-rice) to the same skillet scraping up any stuck on pieces of marinade from the bottom. Cook just until soft.
- To assemble divide the chicken and cauliflower rice between four containers. Layer in the salsa and top with Tzatziki. These bowls will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!