Disclaimer: PrimalKind has been provided to me for the purpose of this review as a free sample. This has not influenced my review and the opinions expressed in this post are my own. PrimalKind is one of our sponsors in the KetoDiet Challenges.
When you give up foods such as sugar-laden granola, toast and muffins, it may seem challenging to find healthy low-carb breakfast options. Although I love eggs and bacon, even I couldn't eat them every single day.
Smoothies are a great grab-n-go breakfast meal for those with busy life styles. In this review I'm sharing my thoughts on PrimalKind smoothie meals that can easily be prepared in less than a minute.
What is PrimalKind?
PrimalKind smoothie meals are made of real food and organic ingredients, including macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut flour, baobab powder, pink Himalayan salt, kale powder, monk fruit (natural low-carb sweetener), cacao powder, etc.
- Suitable for the ketogenic and paleo diets
- Good source of healthy fats, especially omega 3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats (MUFA), while low (only 10%) in polyunsaturated fats (PUFA). To learn all about healthy fats, check out my Guide to Fats & Oils.
- Good source of fibre, prebiotics, vitamins and minerals
- Good source of antioxidants and natural adaptogens
- Allergy-free & vegan - good source of plant-based protein (note: contains nuts)
- No artificial flavouring and no artificial colouring
- Affordable keto & paleo meal. If you buy the large pack (30 servings), a serving works out at about $3.50 USD
- PrimalKind ship globally from Australia
PrimalKind is a complete meal available in 2 flavours: Chocolate (my favourite) and Natural. Depending on your energy requirements, you can also choose between PrimalKind for Her (specially formulated for women) and PrimalKind for Him (specially formulated for men).
- For Him: One serving contains 500 calories, 7 g net carbs, 18 g protein, 45 g fat, 168 mg (42% RDA) magnesium and 1,254 mg potassium (63% EMR).
- For Her: One serving contains 300 calories, 6 g net carbs, 13 g protein, 26 g fat, 128 mg (32% RDA) magnesium and 1,232 mg potassium (62% EMR)
Typically, men and women have different nutritional requirements. Depending on your daily calorie targets and your activity level, you can use either of the above options (e.g. for Him would be better suited for highly active women, not just men).
All you need to prepare a smoothie is to add 400 ml of water. Simply blend it for 30-40 seconds until creamy. Don't expect this smoothie to be extra "smooth" - it is slightly grainy (contains nuts and seeds). The sweetness is subtle and the consistency is rich.
Apart from water, you can use any unsweetened nut or seed milk. I wouldn't use coconut milk as that would make the smoothie too thick and would significantly increase the calorie count. My favourite blend is the Chocolate smoothie meal with unsweetened cashew milk.
You can prepare one serving at a time or multiple servings and store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Follow us 53.1k
If you want to give PrimalKind a try, you can join our giveaway for a chance to win 2 packs or both flavours (for Him or for Her, choice will be yours)! Two lucky winners will be picked in a few days.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Do you like this post? Share it with your friends!