Easy one pot meals under 30 minutes are a staple in my house. To make this simple low-carb dinner you'll only need four common ingredients, plus seasonings and cooking oil.
This recipe uses ground pork but any ground meat — beef, chicken, turkey or lamb — will work just as well. I added some zucchini (courgette) but you could swap it with eggplant (aubergine) or even some chopped cauliflower or broccoli, fresh or frozen will work just fine.
I wanted to keep this recipe low FODMAP so I omitted any onion or garlic but feel free to add some onion or garlic powder for extra flavour.
Custom Diet Plans Coming Soon!
This keto dinner recipe (and many more to come) will be the perfect addition to our new diet plan builder. It's easy, simple with just a few ingredients and minimum preparation. Plus it's all cooked in one pot!
As you may know from our last major app update announcement we've been working on a custom diet plan builder. We wanted to make sure it works for everyone, no matter what their macros and allergy limitations are so it took a little longer than we expected but we are getting very close to releasing this huge update!
It was the number one request in the polls I run in our group and I can't wait so see what you think of it. Once it's available on iOS and Android, every subscriber will be able to build a custom diet plan with no extra payment. That's right, it will become part of the premium features!
Serving size about 250 g/ 8.8 oz
Allergy information for Whole 30 Keto Italian Pork Zucchini Skillet
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
Net carbs6 grams
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 26%, fat 69%
Total carbs9.4 gramsFiber3.4 gramsSugars6.5 gramsSaturated fat12.7 gramsSodium874 mg(38% RDA)Magnesium67 mg(17% RDA)Potassium1,001 mg(50% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 5-6 slices bacon (90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 2 tbsp ghee or extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 500 g ground pork, I used 20% fat (1.1 oz)
- 4 medium zucchini (800 g/ 1.76 lb)
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes (240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: fresh basil to serve
- Chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Place the chopped bacon on a pan greased with ghee or olive oil. Cook on medium-high until lightly browned and crisped up.
- Add the ground pork and break with a spatula. Cook until browned and opaque from all sides.
- Chop the zucchini into about 1 cm (1/2 inch) pieces. Add to the skillet together with the tomatoes and herbs. Stir through and cover with a lid. Cook on medium for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and optionally sprinkle with basil. Serve warm. This meal can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
|Bacon, streaky (high fat content), organic|
|0 g||3.1 g||5.6 g||63 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||7.5 g||68 kcal|
|Pork, minced (ground), outdoor reared (~ 20% fat)|
|0.6 g||22.5 g||20 g||273 kcal|
|Zucchini (summer squash, courgette)|
|4.2 g||2.4 g||0.6 g||34 kcal|
|Tomatoes, canned (unsweetened)|
|0.9 g||0.5 g||0.2 g||10 kcal|
|Italian seasoning (mixed herbs)|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 250 g/ 8.8 oz|
|6 g||28.5 g||34 g||450 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!