This low-carb salad is so good! It manages to be hearty, yet delicate, all at the same time. It’s simple, yet elegant. The paper-thin slices of pear play off against the pork beautifully, but if you would rather leave them off and cut the carbs back, it won’t ruin the salad. Or you could add some roasted pumpkin instead.
I tossed up about whether I should include the pears, as they are not usually part of a keto diet, but in the end I figured that you would get maybe two slices each, and could leave them out if you wanted to. But honestly? They’re so good in this paleo-friendly salad.
This healthy low-carb salad comes together really fast and could very easily be tossed together at the end of a busy day, even faster if you had the pork pre-cooked.
It's ultra high in electrolytes and other vital micronutrients. For an extra boost of healthy fats, add a handful of walnuts. Enjoy!
Remember, when consumed in minimal amounts in recipes, almost any whole foods can fit into a keto lifestyle. Whether you include a few slices of pear into your low-carb diet or not depends on your carb tolerance and your daily carb limit.
Allergy information for Low-Carb Warm Pork & Pear Salad
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs9.2 grams
Calories from carbs 9%, protein 42%, fat 49%
Total carbs12 gramsFiber2.8 gramsSugars7.1 gramsSaturated fat3.9 gramsSodium404 mg(18% RDA)Magnesium73 mg(18% RDA)Potassium1,000 mg(50% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 800 g pork tenderloin (1.8 lb)
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 2 cups rocket (arugula) (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- 1 small pear, sliced (140 g/ 5 oz)
- 1 small red onion, sliced (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 4 tbsp crumbled walnuts (28 g/ 1 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C/ 430 °F (fan assisted). Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- Season pork fillet well with salt and pepper and place a skillet on to high heat.
- Sear the pork fillet on all sides, approx. 8 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and place in the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove the pork from the oven and sit aside to rest for about 15 minutes.
- While pork is cooking, top and tail the green beans and then blanch them in the boiling water for 3 minutes, plunging them into ice water at the end to stop the coking process and retain the fresh, green colour.
- While the pork is resting, thinly slice your red onion and pear. Whisk the olive oil and balsamic together and add crushed garlic. Toss the green beans and rocket with the dressing and set aside.
- Thinly slice the pork fillet and then arrange the salad on a large share platter or a salad bowl. Top with ample drizzles of dressing.
- Store in a container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|Pork tenderloin or medallions, raw, lean|
|0 g||41.9 g||4.3 g||218 kcal|
|Green beans, fresh|
|2.1 g||0.9 g||0.1 g||16 kcal|
|Rocket (arugula), fresh|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|4.2 g||0.1 g||0 g||20 kcal|
|Onion, red, fresh|
|1 g||0.2 g||0 g||6 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||18 g||159 kcal|
|Balsamic vinegar, dark (excludes sweet, syrupy vinegar)|
|1.4 g||0 g||0 g||7 kcal|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|9.2 g||43.4 g||22.6 g||429 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!