This Vietnamese Turkey Meatball Bowl is one of my favorite lunches! It keeps well once it’s prepared so it’s great as a packable lunch. This recipe is super low carb but totally indulgent with the miracle (shirataki) noodles. They are a favorite in my house! If you’ve never prepared Miracle Noodles check out this post. There’s a few tricks you need to know in order to make them taste like real noodles.
There’s so much flavor in this meal from aromatics like ginger and garlic to fresh herbs like Thai basil, cilantro, and mint. Don’t skip the quick pickles either, they add a stellar touch of tang!
Allergy information for Low-Carb Vietnamese Turkey Meatball Bowls
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs7.5 grams
Calories from carbs 4%, protein 23%, fat 73%
Total carbs10.3 gramsFiber2.8 gramsSugars4 gramsSaturated fat30.2 gramsSodium698 mg(30% RDA)Magnesium68 mg(17% RDA)Potassium781 mg(39% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 lb ground turkey (450 g)
- 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) piece fresh ginger, minced (10 g/ 0.4 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup oil such as coconut, avocado or lard for frying (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced (85 g/ 3 oz)
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1 cup cucumber slices (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp water (30 ml)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (30 ml)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 bag shirataki noodles (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- mixed herbs of choice (thai basil, mint, cilantro)
- lime wedges for garnish
- In a medium bowl mix together the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Form into 2-inch (5 cm) meatballs. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with the oil. Sear meatballs 3-4 minutes per side until crisp and cooked through.
- Place the pickle ingredients in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Prepare the shirataki noodles according to these directions.
- To serve divide the meatballs, pickles, and noodles between two bowls. Top with herbs and a lime wedge.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|Turkey, ground, 12% fat, raw|
|0 g||38 g||28.2 g||405 kcal|
|Ginger root, fresh|
|0.8 g||0.1 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|0.9 g||0.2 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|Coconut aminos (substitute to soy sauce)|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Spices, pepper, white|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Coconut oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||27 g||243 kcal|
|0.8 g||0.3 g||0 g||7 kcal|
|1.7 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||10 kcal|
|0.7 g||0.3 g||0.1 g||6 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|1 g||0 g||0 g||5 kcal|
|Peppers, chile (chili), flaked and dried, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0.1 g||1 kcal|
|0.8 g||0 g||0.1 g||2 kcal|
|0 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Lime juice, fresh|
|0.3 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|7.5 g||39.4 g||55.6 g||692 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!