These keto Madeleines are rich and buttery, with perfectly crisp edges and a soft and fluffy middle. They are like shell-shaped cookies with the texture of a sponge cake. If you use dark chocolate for dipping, make sure to use at least 85% dark chocolate or use sugar-free chocolate.
Want one? Or two... or three? At less than 1 gram of carbs each (yes, really!) you can indulge without guilt. This French inspired low-carb and gluten-free dessert is perfect to accompany an afternoon cup of tea. Enjoy!
Serving size 1 madeleine
Allergy information for Low-Carb Madeleines
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 madeleine)
Net carbs0.6 grams
Calories from carbs 3%, protein 11%, fat 86%
Total carbs1.2 gramsFiber0.6 gramsSugars0.4 gramsSaturated fat3.7 gramsSodium20 mg(1% RDA)Magnesium11 mg(3% RDA)Potassium36 mg(2% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 24 madeleines)
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C/ 340 °F (fan assisted), or 190 °C/ 375 °F (conventional).
- Melt the butter and then set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs, Swerve and lemon zest in your stand mixer until ribbons form, about 10 minutes. You can optionally add some vanilla.
- Gently fold in the flours. Stir butter through gently until combined. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Spray the madeleine tray with oil and place a tablespoon of mixture into each shell. Do not fill the shell to the top, this mixture with spread out as it cooks. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top.
- Flip out of the shell and cool on a rack. Optionally, dust with powdered Swerve or Erythritol, or dip half of the madeleines in melted dark chocolate.
- Store at room temperature for up to a day, in a covered container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 madeleine)
|Butter, unsalted, grass-fed|
|0 g||0.1 g||5.1 g||45 kcal|
|Sesame flour, fine, defatted|
|0.1 g||0.4 g||0.2 g||3 kcal|
|Coconut flour, organic|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||0.2 g||5 kcal|
|Almond flour (blanched ground almonds, almond meal)|
|0.2 g||0.4 g||1.1 g||12 kcal|
|Swerve, natural sweetener (Erythritol and chicory inulin based)|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.1 g||1 g||0.8 g||12 kcal|
|Lemon zest (peel), fresh|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1 madeleine|
|0.6 g||2.1 g||7.3 g||78 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!