This is a great keto dinner recipe for busy weeknights. Everythring is prepared in one skillet for easy clean up and a satisfying dinner in just 20 minutes! This is a great low-carb, grain-free, dairy-free and Whole 30 approved recipe for everyday cooking and meal prep.
Juicy ground chicken is cooked with a simple spice blend of cumin, turmeric, garlic and onion powder. We're using cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, and some zucchini for extra potassium.
Everything is cooked in heart healthy fats, first in virgin avocado oil and then drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. Make sure to add a generous pinch of black pepper as it will significantly improve the absorption of turmeric which is potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant ingredient.
Prefer more flavour and heat in your keto meal? You can optionally add some cilantro or parsley, and a few slices of chillies. Enjoy!
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size about 250 g/ 8.5 oz
Allergy information for Low-Carb Golden Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 250 g/ 8.5 oz)
Net carbs7.5 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 22%, fat 72%
Total carbs11.8 gramsFiber4.3 gramsSugars4.3 gramsSaturated fat6.6 gramsSodium708 mg(31% RDA)Magnesium67 mg(17% RDA)Potassium1,307 mg(65% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 medium cauliflower, riced (600 g/ 1.3 lb)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/4 cup virgin avocado oil (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 500 g ground chicken or turkey (1.1 lb)
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- Optional: fresh parsley or cilantro and sliced chilies to serve
- To make the cauliflower rice, cut the cauliflower into florets. Place in a food processor fitted with a grating blade and process until it resembles rice. You can also use the S blade oruse a hand grater.
- Dice the zucchini into 1/2-1 inch (1-2 cm) pieces.
- Grease a skillet with avocado oil or ghee. Add all of the spices: turmeric, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook for just 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the ground chicken (or turkey) and break into small pieces with a spatula. Cook on medium-high until browned from all sides.
- Add the diced zucchini and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Then add the cauliflower rice and mix to combine.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the lid and season with salt to taste.
- Take off the heat and drizzle with olive oil.
- Optionally add fresh cilantro (or parsley) and freshly sliced chillies. Eat warm or let it cool down and transfer to a container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 250 g/ 8.5 oz)
|4.5 g||2.9 g||0.4 g||38 kcal|
|Zucchini (summer squash, courgette)|
|1.1 g||0.6 g||0.2 g||9 kcal|
|Avocado oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||13.6 g||120 kcal|
|Turmeric, spices (dried, ground)|
|1 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||7 kcal|
|0.3 g||0.2 g||0.2 g||3 kcal|
|Onion powder, spices|
|0.4 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Garlic powder, spices|
|0.2 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Chicken, ground, raw|
|0.1 g||21.8 g||10.1 g||179 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||13.5 g||119 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 250 g/ 8.5 oz|
|7.5 g||25.8 g||38.1 g||479 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!