This keto-friendly orange chicken is bursting with bright Chinese flavors. You will only need a few common ingredients and 20 minutes to make it. If you follow a strict paleo diet or have to avoid soy altogether, substitute the gluten-free tamari sauce with coconut aminos. Serve with low-carb cauliflower rice for a complete meal!
Allergy information for Low-Carb Orange Chicken
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs5.2 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 35%, fat 59%
Total carbs7.3 gramsFiber2.1 gramsSugars2.6 gramsSaturated fat13 gramsSodium1,143 mg(50% RDA)Magnesium58 mg(14% RDA)Potassium563 mg(28% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (60 ml)
- 1.1 lb chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (500 g)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets (225 g/ 8 oz)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cut the chicken into 2 1/2 cm/ 1-inch pieces. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add in the chicken and brown 3-4 minutes per side until golden.
- Add in the broccoli and stir-fry 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl then pour over the chicken and broccoli. Cook 2-3 minutes until the sauce is reduced.
- Sprinkle in the sesame seeds and serve with cauli-rice, shirataki rice or more broccoli.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!