Do you ever have a sweet tooth but don’t want to make an entire dessert to satisfy your craving? If you answered “yes” then this Single Serve Keto Chocolate Lava Cake is for you!
This easy keto treat will keep your blood sugar levels healthy. Just a few simple ingredients and literally a minute in the microwave and you’ll have one decadent keto dessert that you can eat all by yourself without feeling guilty. If you’re trying to lose weight, an occasional treat can actually help you stick to your keto diet!
Serve whole cake for breakfast or half as dessert after a meal. And if you like quick and easy treats like this one, there are even more keto mug muffins and mug cakes you can try. Enjoy!
Serving size 1 mug cake
Allergy information for Keto Single Serve Chocolate Lava Cake
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Beef free
- Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 mug cake)
Net carbs8.6 grams
Calories from carbs 9%, protein 15%, fat 76%
Total carbs16.3 gramsFiber7.7 gramsSugars3.3 gramsSaturated fat18.5 gramsSodium394 mg(17% RDA)Magnesium154 mg(38% RDA)Potassium543 mg(27% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 1 servings)
- In a small bowl mix together the cacao powder, Swerve, salt, baking powder, and optionally espresso powder. Add in the remaining wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Grease a small ramekin and pour all but 2 tablespoons of the batter into the ramekin. Use at least 3/4-cup (180 ml) ramekins, or 1-cup (240 ml) ramekins.
- Place the piece of dark chocolate in the middle and spoon the remaining batter over it to cover.
- Microwave for 1 minute just until the outside is set, it should still wiggle in the middle significantly. If the edges aren’t set cook in 15 second intervals until set.
Tips for cooking in the oven: If you don't have a microwave, I suggest you multiply the batch to make 4 to 8 servings at once. To do that, use 4 to 8 ramekins instead of 1. Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F (fan assisted)and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let stand for 1-2 minutes before flipping onto a plate to serve. Serve immediately.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 mug cake)
|Cocoa powder, raw (cacao)|
|3.4 g||3.2 g||2.2 g||37 kcal|
|Swerve, natural sweetener (Erythritol and chicory inulin based)|
|1.5 g||0 g||0 g||6 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.4 g||6.3 g||4.8 g||72 kcal|
|Cream, heavy whipping, pouring, full-fat (30-40% fat)|
|0.8 g||0.6 g||11.4 g||110 kcal|
|Vanilla extract, sugar-free, alcohol-based|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||10 kcal|
|Baking powder, gluten-free|
|0.3 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Extra dark chocolate (99-100%)|
|2.2 g||3.9 g||14 g||123 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1 mug cake|
|8.6 g||13.9 g||32.4 g||359 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!