If you've never been a fan of shirataki noodles, this recipe may just change your mind. Think rich and creamy sauce wrapped around tender zero-carb noodles and served with fresh herbs. This is such a simple yet comforting keto dinner that takes just a few minutes to prepare!
You can keep this recipe simple and vegetarian or add any of your favorite proteins such as chicken, prawns or beef meatballs. If you use extra protein, half of the amount of noodles will be enough for a satisfying meal.
If you need to keep this keto dinner vegetarian, add a poached egg just like in this Zero-Carb Noodle Alfredo.
Keto Cheese Sauce
We're using basic Keto Cheese Sauce in this recipe and you can try other options for even more flavor:
Keto Alternatives to Pasta
We're using shirataki noodles which are zero-carb and easy to prepare. Here's how to prepare shirataki noodles. Don't like shirataki? Try some of these other options:
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size about 300 g/ 10.6 oz
Allergy information for Keto Shirataki Noodles with Creamy Cheese Sauce
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 300 g/ 10.6 oz)
Net carbs5.7 grams
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 9%, fat 86%
Total carbs8.7 gramsFiber3 gramsSugars1.9 gramsSaturated fat25.2 gramsSodium289 mg(13% RDA)Magnesium14 mg(3% RDA)Potassium102 mg(5% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (28 g/ 1 oz)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese or soft goat cheese (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar or hard cheese of choice (57 g/ 2 oz)
- pinch of sea salt, if needed
- 2 tbsp water or more cream if you need to thin it down
- 2 packs shirataki noodles or shirataki fettuccine (400 g/ 14.2 oz)
- fresh herbs such as chives pr parsley, to serve
- Make the cheese sauce. Place the cream and butter into a small sauce pan and gently heat up. Add the grated cheddar cheese (or any hard cheese of choice) and cream cheese.
- Stir until melted and bring to a simmer. Once you see bubbles, take off the heat. Mix until smooth and creamy. If you prefer a thicker sauce, cook for 3-5 more minutes while stirring. If too thick, add a splash of water or cream.
- Prepare the shirataki noodles by following the instructions here.
- Add the prepared shirataki noodles to the saucepan with the cheese sauce. Toss to combine.
- Serve warm with fresh herbs such as thyme, chives, parsley or oregano.
- Best served immediately but can be stored in the fridge for 3 days. To reheat, place on the stove and gently heat up on low heat to prevent the cheese sauce from splitting.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 300 g/ 10.6 oz)
|Cream, heavy whipping, pouring, full-fat (30-40% fat)|
|0.8 g||0.6 g||11.4 g||110 kcal|
|Butter, unsalted, grass-fed|
|0 g||0.1 g||11.5 g||102 kcal|
|Cream cheese, soft (full-fat)|
|1 g||2.1 g||8.4 g||74 kcal|
|0.9 g||6.5 g||9.4 g||114 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Shirataki noodles, konjac noodles|
|3 g||0 g||0.4 g||8 kcal|
|Parsley, fresh (spices)|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 300 g/ 10.6 oz|
|5.7 g||9.4 g||41.2 g||409 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!