Saganaki is a delicious, easy to prepare Greek dish that is usually served as a quick appetiser. It can be made with different types of cheese like Kefalotyri that I brought from my recent trip to Greece. Instead of flour, I used keto breading made with a blend of flax meal and almond flour. You can either fry it with the breading like I did - or broil it without any breading at all.
Allergy information for Keto Saganaki Greek Fried Cheese
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs4.5 grams
Calories from carbs 4%, protein 19%, fat 77%
Total carbs8.6 gramsFiber4.1 gramsSugars1 gramsSaturated fat17.4 gramsSodium607 mg(26% RDA)Magnesium97 mg(24% RDA)Potassium255 mg(13% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 150 g kefalotyri or halloumi cheese (5.3 oz) - more tips in step 1
- 3 level tbsp flaxmeal (21 g/ 0.7 oz)
- 3 heaping tbsp almond flour (24 g/ 0.8 oz)
- ghee for frying - should be about 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) in the pan
- lemon wedges to serve with
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!