Freshly baked fish has long been a favorite of mine, and these fish fingers are reminiscent of one of my favorite childhood meals, only much tastier and perfect for a keto diet!
They taste best fresh out of the oven, with a squeeze of lemon and dunked into this delicious and easy chimichurri mayonnaise.
To get a crispier coating, try preheating a heavy based baking tray first before cooking the fish, or transfer them to a hot grill for the last minute of cooking.
Note: This chimichurri sauce recipe is from The KetoDiet Cookbook and the KetoDiet App.
Allergy information for Keto Fish Fingers with Chimichurri Mayo
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs3 grams
Calories from carbs 2%, protein 24%, fat 74%
Total carbs5.3 gramsFiber2.3 gramsSugars1 gramsSaturated fat5.6 gramsSodium811 mg(35% RDA)Magnesium92 mg(23% RDA)Potassium717 mg(36% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 250 g white fish such as cod, cut into slices (8.8 oz)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup almond flour (33 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise (55 g/ 1.9 oz) you can make your own
- 1 1/2 tbsp chimichurri (23 g/ 0.8 oz)
Homemade chimichurri sauce:
- 1 large bunch fresh parsley (60 g/2.1 oz)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano (15 g/0.5 oz)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red chile pepper, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or fresh lime juice (30 ml)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 210 °C/ 410 °F (conventional), or 190 °C/ 375 °F (fan assisted). Beat egg in a small, shallow bowl. To create the "breading", mix dry ingredients in another shallow bowl or plate.
- Cut fish fillets into “fingers” about an inch (2.5 cm) wide.
- Line and grease a baking tray. Place the fish in the egg, coating all sides, and then transfer to the almond meal mix, and toss to cover. Shake off excess breading.
- Place on the tray, and continue with remaining fish. Bake 6-8 minutes and then turn, and bake another 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To make the chimichurri, place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- To make the chimichurri mayo, combine mayo and chimichurri together in a small bowl. The leftover chimichurri can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Serve the fish fingers immediately with the mayo and wedges of lemon. Optionally, serve with a bowl of dressed greens.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|Fish, cod, Atlantic, raw|
|0 g||22.3 g||0.8 g||103 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.2 g||3.1 g||2.4 g||36 kcal|
|Almond flour (blanched ground almonds, almond meal)|
|1.5 g||3.6 g||8.8 g||98 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Onion powder, spices|
|0.4 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Garlic powder, spices|
|0.2 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0.2 g||0.3 g||22.8 g||204 kcal|
|Chimichurri Sauce (KetoDiet app)|
|0.5 g||0.1 g||5.2 g||50 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|3 g||29.6 g||40.1 g||495 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!