Who doesn’t love spiced nuts? Typically, they just make an appearance in my life around the holidays and are the type that are normally covered in sugar and cinnamon. Now, don’t get me wrong, obviously those are delicious but they’re not keto friendly. These low-carb and keto friendly BBQ Roasted Almonds on the other hand are absolutely perfect and worth keeping a jar around for when those crunchy snack cravings hit.
We’re also going a step further and activating the almonds by soaking them for 12 hours. This helps to break them down to allow for better digestion and mineral absorption. After that you’ll simply drain off the water, pat them dry, and toss with a little olive oil and the BBQ spice mixture before placing them in a warm oven to dehydrate. Once the process is done you’ll have a perfectly crunchy and smoky snack to munch on.
Serving size 1/4 cup
Allergy information for Low-Carb BBQ Roasted Almonds
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1/4 cup)
Net carbs4.1 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 14%, fat 79%
Total carbs9.3 gramsFiber5.2 gramsSugars1.7 gramsSaturated fat1.6 gramsSodium595 mg(26% RDA)Magnesium103 mg(26% RDA)Potassium363 mg(18% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 2 cups raw almonds (286 g/ 10.1 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Optional: 1 tsp granulated Swerve or Erythritol
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Place the almond in a large jar and cover with water. Soak for 12 hours. Drain off the water and spread the almonds onto a few paper towels and pat dry. Preheat the oven to 150 °C/ 300 °F (conventional), or 130 °C/ 265 °F (fan assisted) and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium sized bowl toss the dry almonds with the olive oil and spices. Spread the almonds out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to oven and bake 45 minutes tossing occasionally. After 45 minutes they should be dry and crunchy. If they’re still wet in the middle continue to bake until your desired texture is reached.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1/4 cup)
|Almonds, nuts (whole, unblanched)|
|3.2 g||7.6 g||17.8 g||207 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||1.7 g||15 kcal|
|0.2 g||0.1 g||0.1 g||2 kcal|
|Chile (chili) powder, spices (ancho, chipotle, Mexican chile powder)|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0.1 g||2 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|0.1 g||0 g||0.1 g||1 kcal|
|Onion powder, spices|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Garlic powder, spices|
|0.2 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1/4 cup|
|4.1 g||7.9 g||19.8 g||230 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!