Are you a fan of the sweet and nutty flavor of traditional halva, but looking for a healthier, low-carb alternative? Look no further than our High Protein Keto Pistachio Halva!
This delicious recipe adapted from my original Halva from The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook combines the rich flavors of coconut butter, tahini, and pistachios, with the added benefits of satiety-inducing collagen powder, and allulose as a natural sweetener. Plus, with the heart-healthy benefits of pistachios, you can indulge guilt-free while still taking care of your health!
Collagen powder is the preferred option in this recipe. However, it can be replaced with other options such as whey protein powder or egg white protein powder. Just make sure you use isolate (very low carb) and not concentrate.
Granular Allulose may be too grainy for this treat. You can use a coffee grinder or a food processor and pulse a few times until the Allulose is completely powdered.
Ideal Temperature for Roasting Nuts
Roasting nuts and seeds is a tricky business. In general, 140 °C/ 285 °F is the threshold above which the antioxidants and omega-6 fats in the nuts become damaged. If you do prefer roasted nuts (I get it, more flavor!), I recommend roasting them at 130 °C/ 265 °F (fan assisted), or 150 °C/ 300 °F (conventional) for 15 to 20 minutes. If you want to use a swap, macadamias are a great option. They are more resilient because of their low omega-6 and can be roasted at 150 °C/ 300 °F.
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size bar
Allergy information for High-Protein Keto Pistachio Halva
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, bar)
Net carbs2.7 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 19%, fat 75%
Total carbs5.2 gramsFiber2.5 gramsSugars0.8 gramsSaturated fat6.5 gramsSodium27 mg(1% RDA)Magnesium21 mg(5% RDA)Potassium122 mg(6% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 16 servings)
- To soften the tahini and the coconut butter, place them in a small saucepan over low heat with the coconut oil. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients (collagen powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon and Allulose. Optionally, you can add a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into an 8 × 8 inch (20 × 20 cm) parchment-lined pan or a silicone pan, or any pan or container lined with parchment paper.
- Evenly top with pistachio nuts (raw or roasted for extra flavor). Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until fully set.
- Cut into 16 pieces and serve.
- To store, keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or freeze to up to 3 months.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, bar)
|Sesame tahini (unsweetened)|
|1.4 g||2 g||6.3 g||70 kcal|
|Coconut butter, organic, unsweetened|
|0.3 g||0.3 g||2.9 g||29 kcal|
|Coconut oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||3.4 g||30 kcal|
|Gelatin powder, hydrolyzed (collagen)|
|0 g||5.4 g||0 g||21 kcal|
|Allulose, natural low-carb sweetener|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Vanilla extract, sugar-free, alcohol-based|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pistachio nuts, unsalted|
|0.8 g||1 g||2.3 g||29 kcal|
|Total per serving, bar|
|2.7 g||8.7 g||14.9 g||181 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!