If you’re like me and can’t stomach eating an entire bunch of raw greens then this recipe is for you! I’m always amazed at how much kale shrinks when cooked! This keto & paleo Pork Belly Kale is packed with flavor and even the veggie haters in your home will love it!
This is one of my favorite low carb side dishes and I’ve made it a little more keto with some delicious fatty pork belly. Who doesn’t love pork belly?! Feel free to skip the jalapeno if you don’t care for the spice.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||5.5||grams|
|Magnesium||11||mg (3% RDA)|
|Potassium||187||mg (9% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6%), protein (9%), fat (85%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 4 ounces (113 g) pork belly, cut into ½-inch (2 cm) pieces
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves chopped (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced (14 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (30 ml)
- sea salt or pink Himalayan salt to taste
Tip: Crack 2-4 eggs into the kale to transform this into a breakfast dish!
- Wash and pat dry the kale. Remove the hard stems and chop the leaves.
- Dice the pork belly and mince the garlic and jalapeño.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, brown the pork belly about 10 minutes until golden and crisp and cooked through.
- Add the garlic and jalapeño to the skillet and cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chopped kale in batches until wilted. Pour in ACV and continue to cook 5-10 minutes until soft. Season with salt to taste.
- Eat warm as a side dish or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!