This sugar-free cocktail is not just low in carbs, it's also low in calories and makes the perfect refreshment for summer parties and barbecues. You can use any spirits, just make sure there is no added sugar. Gin, vodka, rum or tequila are the best options. If you use gin, add a few slices of cucumber for extra freshness.
Are you trying to lose weight?
Minimise your consumption to occasional drinks, or ideally, avoid alcohol altogether. Although there are no carbs in spirits, your body can't store alcohol as fat - it has to metabolise it. This means that your body will utilise alcohol instead of body fat which will slow down weight loss.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||0||grams|
|Magnesium||57||mg (2% RDA)|
|Potassium||53||mg (3% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (93%), protein (5%), fat (2%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice (80 ml/ 2.7 fl oz)
- ½ cup gin (120 ml/ 4 fl oz) - other options: vodka, rum or tequila
- 2 cups sparkling water, or enough to top up
- ice cubes
- few cucumber slices (if using gin), lime slices and fresh mint
- Optional: liquid stevia to taste (SweetLeaf or NuNaturals)
- Place a few mint leaves in an ice cube tray. Fill them up with water and freeze until solid (I used large ball ice molds but you can use a regular ice cube tray).
- Slice the cucumber and juice the lime.
- Place a few ice cubes into two glasses. Add gin, lime juice, cucumber slices and top them with sparkling water. Optionally, mix in 3-5 drops of liquid stevia into each glass.
- Garnish with fresh lime slices, cucumber and mint. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!