Nut & seed butter is perfect for making fat bombs and keto treats. I used Coconut & Pecan Butter to make these maple & pecan protein bars. They are filling and nutritious enough to be used as a meal replacement. Keep them in the fridge (or freezer) and use as a quick source of energy when you have no time to cook or need a quick post-workout ketogenic meal. To see how easy it is to make healthy low-carb bars, check out my video recipe!
Nutritional values (per bar)
|of which Saturated||14.7||grams|
|Magnesium||44||mg (11% RDA)|
|Potassium||289||mg (15% EMR)|
Nutrition facts are per one large bar. Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (19%), fat (76%)
Ingredients (makes 8 large or 12 small bars)
I used dark chocolate because it's low in sugar. If you prefer to use unsweetened chocolate, remember to add extra sweetener. Chocolate coating was used for 8 large bars - you may need to use more if making 12 small bars.
- Prepare the Coconut & Pecan Butter. Mix the prepared coconut & pecan butter with powdered Erythritol, protein powder, ...
- ... extra virgin coconut oil, ...
- ... and maple extract. Add stevia and cinnamon (if used). Mix until well combined and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and cacao butter in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat. Once completely melted, mix well and turn off the heat. Set aside to cool down before using it for coating.
- Using your hands, create 8 bars and place on a tray lined with baking mat or parchment paper. Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes or in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Use your hands ...
- ... or kitchen tongs to hold the bars so you can coat them in the cooled dark chocolate mixture from all sides.
- Place back on the tray. Drizzle any remaining chocolate on top. Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated, especially if you use coconut oil instead of cocoa butter (coconut oil melts at room temperature).
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!