Today's recipe is Chicken Stir-fry which is one of my favourite quick & easy meals. Asian spices and fresh vegetables add not just an amazing flavour but also potassium which is an essential electrolyte for everyone on a LCHF diet. This recipe doesn't use noodles - they are a no-no on a keto diet. However, I've tried an amazing alternative which I will use in my next stir-fry recipe - stay tuned! :-)
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||14.1||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (8.2%), protein (28.8%), fat (63%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 500 g chicken thighs, boneless and skinless (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- 1 medium red onion (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small Thai chili pepper, deseeded (15 g / 0.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- ½ medium red pepper, deseeded (60 g / 2.1 oz)
- 1 medium green pepper, deseeded (120 g / 4.2 oz)
- 1 medium broccoli, stem removed (300 g / 10.6 oz)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (~ ½ lime)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil (you can make your own ghee) (85 g / 3 oz)
- ½ tsp salt (I like pink Himalayan)
When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Cut the chicken into strips. Prepare the vegetables: Peel and slice the onion and peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger. Halve, deseed and finely chop the chili pepper. Halve, deseed and slice the red and green peppers. Cut the broccoli florets into medium-sized pieces. Set the vegetables aside for later.
- Heat a large pan greased with 2 tablespoons of ghee. Once hot, add the chicken and cook over a medium-high heat until browned from all sides and cooked inside. When done, use a slotted spoon and transfer the cooked chicken into a bowl.
- Put ¼ cup more ghee into the pan where you cooked the chicken. Add the onion, garlic, chili pepper and ginger and sizzle for 2-3 minutes over a medium-high heat until fragrant. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Throw in the red and green pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the broccoli.
- Add the fish sauce. When done, the vegetables should be crisp-tender.
- Finish with freshly squeezed lime juice and take off the heat.
- Serve hot or store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!