My Bulletproof Fat Bombs taste like frozen creamy mocha smoothie. Add a splash of rum or rum extract and they resemble Tiramisu. In fact, I created this recipe while I was working on a keto-friendly Tiramisu for my new cookbook. The KetoDiet Cookbook, both printed and ebook is available to preorder and will be released in autumn 2015. It includes some of the best 150 low-carb, paleo / primal recipes created exclusively for the cookbook!
If you like fat bombs, check out other similar recipes on my blog. They are great for the FAT FAST and healthy low-carb snacking. As always, fat bombs are treats, not meal replacements - you should eat them in moderation, 1-2 pieces at a time.
Nutritional values (per serving / 1 piece)
|of which Saturated||5.9||grams|
|Magnesium and potassium||trace|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (2.4%), protein (4.4%), fat (93.3%).
Ingredients (makes 20 servings)
- Place the softened creamed coconut milk (or mascarpone cheese), butter or coconut oil, MCT oil and cocoa powder.
- Add powdered Erythritol and stevia into a blender and pulse until smooth. I'm using my Kenwood mixer with a blender attachment.
- Pour in the prepared coffee (room temperature or lukewarm, not hot) and pulse again until smooth. Pour into the into the ice-cream maker (I use Cuisinart) and process according to the manufacturer's instructions. It may take anything between 30-60 minutes depending on your ice-cream maker. Using an ice-cream maker makes the texture smoother & creamy and also allows me to form the "bomb" shapes.
*Tips when you don't have an ice-cream maker: Pour the mixture directly into an ice tray or small muffin tin. You should be able to fit ~ 2 tablespoons per fat bomb or make smaller fat bombs. You can also use 1-2 teaspoons instant coffee powder instead of ½ cup of coffee. The mixture will be thicker and you won't need an ice-cream maker.*
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the ice-cream into ice tray (I used this Ball Shaped Lollypop Tray) which is great for making fat bomb shapes. I used the same one in my Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!