I know many of you are waiting for the upcoming update of KetoDiet. I would like to ensure you that the app is pending approval and it will hopefully take just a few more days. Once this update is approved, you will be able to add this and many other recipes I have recently posted on my blog directly into your planner (iPad app only feature).
Spiced Coconut Chips, which are also suitable for the FAT FAST, are my favourite keto treat. Although this recipe is sweet, there is nothing to stop you from making a savoury version.
Apart from vanilla & cinnamon, you can also try these alternatives:
- 1-2 tsp gingerbread mix (cinnamon, pinch nutmeg, ginger, cloves and allspice) and 1 tbsp Erythritol
- ½ tbsp lemon or lime zest and 1 tbsp Erythritol
- ½ tbsp orange peel, ½ tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp Erythritol
- ½ tsp almond, cherry or hazelnut (home-made) extract and 1 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 tbsp raw cacao and 1 tbsp Erythritol
- ½ tsp salt (sea salt or pink Himalayan)
- ½-1 tsp chilli powder and ½ tsp salt (spicy)
- 1-2 tsp paprika and ½ tsp salt (mild)
- herbs, onion and garlic powder, etc.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||23||grams|
|Magnesium||27||mg (7% RDA)|
|Potassium||168||mg (8% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3.9%), protein (3.3%), fat (92.8%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
Note: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Preheat the oven to 175 C / 350 F. Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the seeds out using a knife.
- Mix the coconut oil, Erythritol, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour over the flaked coconut and spread over a baking tray. Add a pinch of salt. Place in the oven and cook for 4-7 minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on the coconut, it gets burnt easily. If you cook it too long, it will get bitter.
- When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!