Everyone should know how to make the perfect omelet. The rule is simple: do not overcook it. If you often end up with dry omelet, have a look at this great guide from Jamie Oliver on how to make the perfect omelet in just a few minutes.
You can use all sorts of toppings: bacon & mushroom, tomato & olive, ham & cheese or my favourite: spinach, mushroom and feta! This is a large keto breakfast so if you don't feel hungry, I suggest you only make the omelet using two eggs instead of three.
Serving size 1 omelet
Allergy information for Easy Spinach & Feta Omelet
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 omelet)
Net carbs7 grams
Calories from carbs 4%, protein 19%, fat 77%
Total carbs9.7 gramsFiber2.8 gramsSugars4.4 gramsSaturated fat30.3 gramsSodium903 mg(39% RDA)Magnesium107 mg(27% RDA)Potassium997 mg(50% EMR)
Ingredients (make 1 serving)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced (70 g/ 2.5 oz)
- 3 cups spinach, fresh (90 g/ 3.2 oz) or 2/3 cup frozen and thawed (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 tbsp ghee or olive oil (30 ml)
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- First, prepare the filling. Peel and finely dice the garlic and place on a pan greased with a tablespoon of ghee. Season with salt and cook over a medium-high heat for just a minute until fragrant. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted for just a minute or two (squeeze out the water if using frozen and thawed spinach). Take off the heat and place in a bowl. Discard the excess liquids before using the pan for cooking the omelet.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix using a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the eggs evenly in a hot pan greased with a tablespoon of ghee. Use a spatula to bring in the egg from the sides towards to centre for the first 30 seconds. Tilt the pan as needed to cover it with the eggs. Lower the heat and cook for another minute. Don't rush it and don't try to cook it fast or the omelet will end up being too crispy and dry. The desired texture should be soft and fluffy.
- When the top is almost cooked, add the spinach and mushroom topping and crumbled feta. Fold the omelet in half, cook for another minute just to warm up the topping and slide on a serving plate.
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge for up to a day.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 omelet)
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|1.1 g||18.8 g||14.3 g||215 kcal|
|0.9 g||0.2 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|Mushrooms (white), fresh|
|1.6 g||2.2 g||0.2 g||15 kcal|
|1.3 g||2.6 g||0.4 g||21 kcal|
|2 g||7.1 g||10.6 g||132 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||30 g||272 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1 omelet|
|7 g||30.9 g||55.5 g||659 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!