Got a special occasion coming up that might require a healthy low-carb breakfast in bed? This is such a special way to enjoy your eggs and would be a fabulous brunch also — with creamy cheese, parmesan and chopped herbs!
You could prepare the cauliflower puree beforehand and just cook it in the morning. You can add whatever flavours you like to this low-carb dish, such as bacon, chives or peppers.
I love to serve mine with toasted 90 second keto bread for dipping. Enjoy!
Allergy information for Low-Carb Cauliflower Cream Baked Eggs
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs8.4 grams
Calories from carbs 10%, protein 23%, fat 67%
Total carbs12.6 gramsFiber4.2 gramsSugars5.5 gramsSaturated fat15 gramsSodium859 mg(37% RDA)Magnesium51 mg(13% RDA)Potassium751 mg(38% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 small cauliflower, chopped (400 g/ 14.1 oz)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or any hard cheese, divided (45 g/ 1.6 oz)
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream (45 ml)
- 3 tbsp cream cheese (45 g/ 1.6 oz)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F (fan assisted), or 180 °C/ 355 °F (conventional).
- Place the cauliflower into a large pot and bring to the boil. Boil until soft, approx. 10 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower well and place in a blender jug with the cream, cream cheese the parmesan (reserve about 2 tablespoons for topping). Blend well until a smooth puree is formed and season to taste.
- Pour into an ovenproof skillet and make two wells for the eggs. Crack an egg into each hole and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are just cooked. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
- This dish is best eaten immediately. Optionally, serve with our 90 Second Keto Bread.
- The cauliflower puree can be made and stored in the fridge up to five days in advance.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|5.9 g||3.8 g||0.6 g||50 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|0.7 g||8 g||5.8 g||88 kcal|
|Cream, heavy whipping, pouring, full-fat (30-40% fat)|
|0.6 g||0.4 g||8.6 g||82 kcal|
|Cream cheese, soft (full-fat)|
|0.7 g||1.6 g||6.3 g||55 kcal|
|Parsley, fresh (spices)|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.4 g||6.3 g||4.8 g||72 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|8.4 g||20.3 g||26 g||349 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!