This low-carb baked salmon recipe has become a firm favorite in our house, in part thanks to how easy it is. I love recipes that are easily adaptable for those times when your pantries are looking scarce, and this is definitely one of those.
And it's not just easy to make — it's low-carb, keto and whole 30!
To start with, there are very few ingredients to begin with for this dish. And of those that there are, there are always options to mix things up. Dried herbs can easily replace the fresh parsley (or swap it out with another fresh herb such as dill or chives).
Don’t have lemons? Use a splash of apple cider vinegar. And broccolini works well here, but you could easily use a number of other low-carb vegetables here — asparagus, sliced zucchini, capsicum strips or cauliflower florets would all work.
I also love recipes that our somewhat fussy toddler will eat, and this salmon has a 100% strike rate so far. We haven’t been able to get her to eat a bit of the broccolini yet, but she’s stopped throwing it off her tray at least — progress, right!?
Allergy information for Baked Salmon With Garlic Butter
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs7 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 23%, fat 71%
Total carbs10.5 gramsFiber3.5 gramsSugars2.6 gramsSaturated fat11.3 gramsSodium972 mg(42% RDA)Magnesium66 mg(17% RDA)Potassium1,054 mg(53% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (45 ml)
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter or ghee (30 ml)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (45 ml)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 bunch broccolini or broccoli florets (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F (conventional), or 180 °C/ 355 °F (fan assisted). In a small jug, combine lemon juice, melted butter, olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, salt and pepper, and mix to combine.
- Place the broccolini and salmon on a baking tray and pour over the dressing.
- Bake on the top oven shelf 10 to 12 minutes until the salmon is just cooked through.
- For the last 3 minutes, turn the top element (grill/broiler) on high to brown the top. Serve immediately or store for up to a day.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|0.5 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Parsley, fresh (spices)|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Lemon juice, fresh|
|1.2 g||0.1 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|Butter, unsalted, grass-fed|
|0 g||0.1 g||11.5 g||102 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.2 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||20.3 g||179 kcal|
|Salmon, wild, raw|
|0 g||24.8 g||7.9 g||178 kcal|
|Broccoli, broccolini, fresh|
|5.1 g||3.5 g||0.5 g||43 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|7 g||28.7 g||40.2 g||509 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!