There are days I have no time to cook and appreciate something quick to have on hand for a snack. This recipe takes no more than 20 minutes and it's rich in potassium (25% RDA) which is essential for any low-carb diet. It's a great appetiser for any occasion and will make a tasty addition to any lunchboxes.
Serving size 4 roll-ups
Allergy information for Italian Marinated Zucchini Roll-Ups
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, 4 roll-ups)
Net carbs2.8 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 25%, fat 68%
Total carbs3.7 gramsFiber0.9 gramsSugars1.3 gramsSaturated fat6.5 gramsSodium424 mg(18% RDA)Magnesium23 mg(6% RDA)Potassium309 mg(15% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings, about 24 roll-ups)
- 3 small or baby zucchini (210 g/ 7.4 oz)
- 14 thin slices streaky bacon (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 1 cup goat's cheese, soft (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained (55 g/ 1.9 oz)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar or Homemade Fruit Vinegar -avoid sweet syrupy types of balsamic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!