Summer is filled with BBQ’s and cookouts and one of my favorite side dishes has always been potato salad. We’re switching the classic salad up today with this low-carb Jalapeño Popper “Potato” Salad. This keto friendly side dish uses cauliflower as the swap for the traditional “potato”.
By cutting the cauliflower into 1 inch cubes and roasting just until tender, they take on the texture of potatoes. We’re kicking things up a notch by adding in some jalapeño popper flavors with smoky bacon, crisp green onions, tangy pickled jalapeños, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and a little mayonnaise. I also added a fresh jalapeño for a little crunch. This is one side dish everyone will love!
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||7.9||grams|
|Magnesium||31||mg (8% RDA)|
|Potassium||552||mg (28% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (9%), protein (13%), fat (78%)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 2 lbs (900 g) cauliflower, cut into 1-inch (2 cm) cubes
- 4 ounces cream cheese (113 g)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (110 g/ 3.9 oz) - you can make your own
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (56 g/ 2 oz)
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños, minced (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 3 green onions, minced (45 g/ 1.6 oz)
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (40 g/ 1.4 oz - cooked, about 75 g/ 2.7 oz raw)
- 1 fresh jalapeño, thinly sliced (14 g/0.5 oz)
- Preheat oven to 190 C (375 F) and line a baking sheet with parchment. Arrange the bacon in a single layer and cook 15-20 minutes until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Clean the baking sheet and cover with a new piece of parchment. Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer and cook 20-25 minutes until tender. Let cool.
- In a large bowl stir together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, shredded cheese, pickled jalapeños, green onions, bacon, and fresh jalapeños.
- Add in the cooled cauliflower and toss to combine.
Chill until ready to serve.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!