Since many of you are looking for recipes suitable for my 30-Day Clean Eating Challenge, I thought I should share a recipe I've had several times over the last few weeks.
I know it could be quite tricky eating food low in carbs without spending hours cooking. This recipe only requires a few common ingredients and is full of nutrients, especially magnesium and potassium, both of which are essential for our health.
For more quick and healthy ideas for my Clean Eating Challenge, don't forget to check out my 7-Day Grab & Go Keto/Paleo Diet Plan which includes a detailed 7-day meal plan, healthy tips for snacks and a print-friendly shopping list!
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||18.9||grams|
|Magnesium||83||mg (20% RDA)|
|Potassium||1191||mg (60% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (24%), fat (73%).
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
Serve with "zoodles":
- 4 medium zucchini (one per serving), sliced using a julienne peeler or vegetable spiralizer (800 g/ 1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
Note: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- If you're using frozen meat, keep it outside the fridge to slowly defrost.
- Place the meat in a hot pan greased with ghee (keep some ghee for cooking zoodles) and cook for 5-8 minutes or until browned from all sides.
- Add red pesto, freshly chopped parsley, salt and cook on medium heat for 3-5 more minutes. When done take off the heat and transfer into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, using a spiralizer, create zucchini "noodles". Chop the soft core of the zucchini and add it to the zoodles.
Note: If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a julienne peeler and peel the zucchini all around until you get to the soft centre.
- Transfer the zoodles into the saucepan greased with the remaining ghee. Cook briefly for 2-5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the meat and mix in well.
The exact time depends on how tender you prefer the zoodles to be. The less you cook them, the more "al dente" and the less soggy they will be.
- That's it - done! :-)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!