Plums, ginger, orange and cinnamon, simplicity at its best. Perfect for breakfast or pudding. These baked plums with ginger and orange are the ultimate tasty, speedy treat and with plums in season now, it’s super cheap to make.
It’s preferable that the plums are slightly underripe, otherwise they will over cook and fall apart… though this still tastes awesome too! Serve with either Greek or coconut yoghurt.
Serving size 6 slices
Allergy information for Low-Carb Baked Plums with Ginger & Orange
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 6 slices)
Net carbs6.2 grams
Calories from carbs 88%, protein 7%, fat 5%
Total carbs7.2 gramsFiber1.1 gramsSugars5.5 gramsSaturated fat0 gramsSodium0 mg(0% RDA)Magnesium5 mg(1% RDA)Potassium102 mg(5% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 5 firm plums, pitted (330 g/ 11.6 oz)
- 2-inch ginger, peeled (18 g/ 0.6 oz)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- zest of 1 large organic orange
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 10-15 drops liquid stevia, or to taste
- Serving suggestions: serve each portion with 2-4 heaping tablespoons of full-fat Greek yoghurt or coconut yogurt
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!